Au Pair in China - TEFL Homestay
Gain a unique insight into Chinese life and culture through this exciting immersion experience.
Live with a Chinese host family, sample delicious food, learn Mandarin, explore the Great Wall of China and make new friends from all over the world!
Au Pair in China
- Choose from 8 – 24 week placement
- Start any month
- 1,000 RMB monthly allowance
- 1,000 RMB / month completion bonus (for 3+ month program)
- Accommodation provided
- Meals provided
- Choose from North, Central or South China
- All fluent English speakers welcome
- Must be 18 or over
- No degree required
QS Global employer survey
60% of decision makers worldwide put a high value on international study experience. Au pairing is the perfect way to improve your future earning potential whilst also seeing a different culture at an amazingly in depth level.
Life as an au pair in China
You can discover Chinese culture from an inside perspective!
Your responsibilities may include:
- Teaching English to the family’s children
- Assist with English homework
- Waking the children and putting them to bed
- Assisting with the school run
- Serve as a positive role model
About the host families
All host families are carefully screened.
The typical host family profile would be
- Professionals working as doctors, lawyers, entrepreneurs etc.
- International experience
- Interested in culture and languages
- Willing to welcome you to family life in China
- Varied levels of English but highly willing to communicate even if through sign language!
- Most families will employ a maid for chores and other household tasks
- Families may also accommodate grandparents in the same house