Teach English in China with English Program Sichuan
Earn a monthly salary up to RMB 18,000 plus housing, airfare reimbursement, up to 2 months paid vacation + teach at a public-sector kindergarten, primary, secondary, high school, college or university
Teach in China with EPS (English Program Sichuan)
English Program Sichuan has been approved by the Ministry of Education for China and therefore a great deal of emphasis has been placed on its successful administration.
As a result, teachers can expect a secure teaching placement with high levels of support from local program coordinators in Sichuan.
Teaching in China on the EPS Program offers an exciting insight into public school teaching in one of China’s most beautiful and dramatic regions.
Participants will teach English as a Second Language to local students and assist in teacher and curriculum development in a public-sector kindergarten, primary, secondary, high school, college or university as part of a government drive to raise English levels across the region.
Also interested in other locations? Explore our latest teaching jobs in China.
We are now hiring English Second Language teachers for the EPS Program with arrival dates in China of February and August.
- RMB 7,000 - RMB 18,000 monthly salary*
- Government sponsored program
- Airport pick up
- Weekly 16 - 20 teaching hours
- Accommodation provided or housing allowance
- Air-ticket reimbursement RMB 8,000 / year
- Half paid winter-break
- All public holidays
- 24/7 support team to assist you in China
- High quality TEFL certificate provided to you
- Z visa sponsorship, including visa fee reimbursement
- 10 or 11 month contract
*This is enough for a very comfortable lifestyle in Sichuan province as cost of living is relatively low compared with other parts of China
- Start: February or August
- Finish: 10 / 11 month contract as from above start date options
Successful applicants will be shortlisted and contacted by email to arrange a Skype interview.
Applicants should be fluent English speakers and have as follows:
- Bachelors degree in any subject
- Nationality of UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa (due to visa requirements)
- TEFL / TESOL or CELTA certificate 100+ hours (candidates can still apply with this qualification pending) - get a special discount on your TEFL course here
Throughout Sichuan province at public sector schools from kindergarten up to college & university level including locations:
Chengdu, Guangyuan, Nanchong, Bazhong, Dazhou, Ya’an, Deyang, Suining, Guang’an, Meishan, Ziyang, Leshan, Neijiang, Zigong, Yibin & many more!
Requests about preferred student age range can usually be accommodated.
About this program
In order to improve the teaching of English Language throughout Sichuan province, the Ministry of Education for China has authorized a public sector teaching program in this region.
The wider aim of the program is to promote English education in Sichuan province, develop cultural understanding and better prepare young learners in south west China for academic and social advancement through English education.
Welcome to Sichuan – a land of creaking wooden pagodas, ancient monasteries, giant glacial mountains, rolling grasslands, fertile valleys, fiery cuisine and hearty locals!
This feels like undiscovered China, a place you can you join Tibetans as they pay homage to the holy nature reserve of Yading, reflect in moody temples that guard the jagged mountain peaks and get up close and personal with some of China’s most famous and fluffy residents, at the Giant Panda ecology park in Chengdu!
Beyond Sichuan’s sophisticated capital city of Chengdu, the black tile roofs and narrow streets of Langzhong offer a fascinating glimpse into fast disappearing old China. You can get further off the beaten track in spectacular Ganzi, gateway to Tibet, and busy market town set amongst a dramatic background of snowswept mountains.
Wherever you are in Sichuan, try the local hotpot - a fiery affair with seasoned meat, lots of fresh vegetables and some seriously spicy chillis!
The Sichuanese are famed for their hospitality... Expect rock-star reverence wherever you go!
Why English Program Sichuan?
- Enjoy an unrivalled level of in-country support from experienced staff
- Learn the latest TEFL teaching methodologies
- No teaching experience is necessary to join this program
- Government school teaching program with good working conditions and lots of career professional development
- Generous vacation allowing plenty of time to explore this beautiful region of China!
Why apply through ESLstarter?
- 100s of teachers placed in China every year
- We will not take any of your salary
- Over 11 years of recruitment experience for international TEFL jobs
- We will work with you directly through the application and visa processs
- Dedicated support staff comprising of former TEFL teachers
- Join our Facebook communities & connect with lots of other ESLstarter teachers before you go!
- We’re pretty sure you won’t find more teacher Testimonials anywhere else!
- What is TEFL?
TEFL stands for Teaching English as a Foreign Language and once you have completed a TEFL qualification, you can teach ESL abroad in a wide variety of countries. There are a few different types of courses for teaching English in Asia, the UAE and many unique destinations, however TEFL and TESOL courses (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) are the most common.
- How do I learn TEFL?
You can learn TEFL in a number of ways including university courses and even internships in various locations such as China and Argentina. English Language teaching allows you to broaden your horizons and gain experiences you will not find anywhere else. Learning TEFL will allow you to embark on various different adventures including teaching in Asia, South America and the Middle East and considering global language training is becoming increasingly popular, international schools are always crying out for additional ESL teachers.