Teaching jobs in Costa Rica
Live the pura vida and see why Costa Ricans are among the healthiest, happiest people on the planet!
Teach English in Costa Rica
If you are looking to take part in a grassroots community project where your support will directly impact local lives and improve employment outcomes, then why not teach English in Costa Rica? Costa Rica’s bilingual initiative is committed to creating more opportunities for local people through literacy in the English language. Teaching jobs in Costa Rica allow you to enjoy four months living and contributing in a country that is famed for its natural beauty and great standard of living. You can enjoy exciting experiences, such as trekking through tropical rainforest or surfing on azure Caribbean waters.
And while you teach in Costa Rica, you receive the perk of learning Spanish language skills and immersing yourself in the local culture through living with a local host family. Inspire in beautiful Costa Rica!
Apply with ESLstarter, experts in TEFL recruitment, and teach English in Costa Rica.
Here are 10 interesting facts and curious trivia about Costa Rica:
- Population: 4.906 million
- Costa Rica is one of the top five ‘blue zones’ in the world, meaning it’s inhabitants commonly live past 100
- Currency: Costa Rica Colon
- Beaches: world renowned, it is possible to see the sun rise on the Caribbean coast and set on the Pacific coast
- It is one of the few countries in the world to have no army
- Popular saying: “Pura vida mae” means “Pure life dude”.
- The country is categorized as one of the happiest countries on earth
- Costa Rica generates more than 99% of its energy through renewable energy
- National dish: Gallo pinto – rice, beans, scrambled eggs, sour cream and cheese
- Average temperature: 79 F
We currently have the following programs available in Costa Rica