Government TEFL internships in Korea
We invite you to discover the real Korea and teach after-school classes as part of this exciting government run TEFL internship.
Learn how to teach TEFL through an established program that has been designed by the South Korean government. Full training provided. You will gain hands on teaching experience in a Korean elementary school setting. Come and discover beautiful Korea!
With over 2,000 successful program participants, Teach And Learn Korea provides English language education to Korean elementary school students, with an emphasis on placement in rural areas of the country.
You'll learn the ropes alongside fellow participants through a one month training session. The next step is to become a official TaLK scholar and start your government contract. This is a hands on role and chance to make a real impact to the English education of young Korean learners.
You will receive plenty of support along the way from your public elementary school, Korean mentor teachers and previous TaLK participants.
Degree holders and current undergrads (with at least 2 years of academic completion) are welcome to apply.
Join a secure program with excellent benefits
- 1 year contract (6 month contracts also available)
- Average of 15 class hours per week
- Teach at public elementary schools
- 1,500,000 Korean Won (KRW) monthly stipend
- One-month orientation
- Korean co-scholar (based on availability)
- Medical insurance
- Settlement allowance paid, 300,000 Korean Won (KRW)
- 1,300,000 Korean Won (KRW) x 1 = 1,300,000 KRW Total Flight Allowance for 6 Month Contract
- 1,300,000 Korean Won (KRW) x 2 = 2,600,000 KRW Total Flight Allowance for 1 Year Contract
- Government Scholarship Certificate of Completion
- Vacation leave
With the aim to foster growth and development among some of Korea's lesser privileged communities, you can be sure to be warmly received as a TaLK scholar. You may be serving areas where access to English learning has been limited or even non existent.
The following locations are available for this exciting Korea TEFL internship
- Rural areas of Incheon Metropolitan city
Note, candidates must be flexible on placement location as this will be assigned by Head Office and based on availability.
Requirements for teaching in Korea
- United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand passport holders (due to Visa regulations)
- Bachelors degree OR current undergraduate with at least 2 years of academic completion
Destination South Korea
A country of soaring mountains, ancient fortresses, resplendent palaces, futuristic cities and 50 million welcoming hand-shakes, Korea offers an endless array of experiences! Slurp at mouthwatering kimchi soup, check-out ancient temples hidden amongst Seoul's tangled side-streets, soak up the bohemian atmosphere of remote mountain towns or just unwind in one of Korea's soothing hot spring spas. The ''Soul of Asia'' welcomes you!