Teaching jobs in Seoul
Teach English in Seoul! Secure and reliable public school positions available through the Korean Ministry of Education sponsored public school program.
We have some excellent opportunities available to work at public schools throughout Korea's capital city starting February or August.
- Teach Elementary, Middle or High school in Seoul metropolitan city
- Start February or August. Apply now!
- Every class has a Korean co-teacher to assist
- Working days: Monday - Friday
- Working hours: 9.00AM - 5.00PM
- Total hours: 22 classes per week (so 3 or 4 classes per day)
- Elementary school classes are 40 mins and this is counted as one hour
- Middle school classes are 45 mins and this is counted as one hour
- High school classes are 50 mins and this is counted as one hour
- Full orientation and training to help you settle into your new life!
Jesse Germinario, SMOE, Seoul
If you want the best information about the best jobs in Korea, this is the place to go. I am 7 months into my contract now with the public schools in Seoul and I'm having the time of my life! Thanks ESLstarter!
Salary & benefits
- KRW1.8 - 3.0 Million monthly (depending on experience)
- KRW1,300,000 Entrance Allowance to cover flight cost into Korea
- KRW1,300,000 Exit Allowance upon completion of contract
- KRW300,000 Settlement Allowance (one time payment)
- Free fully furnished housing or, where housing is not available, a rent subsidy of KRW500,000
- 21 Days PAID vacation + all Korean national holidays (approximately 12)
- 22 hours of class teaching required per week
- Full completion bonus equivalent to one month's salary
- Tax exemption for 2 years apart from Irish and Canadians due to lack of ROK Treaty
- Compulsory medical insurance - 50% of premiums paid by employer
- National Pension scheme - 50% of contributions paid by employer
- One year contracts
- Full orientation provided
- Free Lonely Planet eBook guide to South Korea
- Start February or August
Please note: positions tend to fill up extremely quickly so it is best to apply as early as possible. Deadlines are subject to change.
Ever wondered about what it's like to teach in Korea?
Watch Jessica's video about teaching in Korea:
About Seoul teaching jobs
- Teach in Korea on a government sponsored program
- All positions are with elementary schools in Seoul
- Experience Korea's vibrant capital city
- Orientation provided
- Earn a great local salary with free accommodation
The Seoul Ministry Of Education represents some 2,210 schools with 1,573,684 students and 72,711 teachers. Its aim is to improve the English speaking skills of students and teachers in Korea and promote cultural exchange and strong global ties between Korea and the wider world.
- Nationality of UK, USA, CA, SA, AUS, NZ, SA or IRE
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline
- TESOL / TEFL or an English Teaching Certificate comprising a minimum of 100 course hours (can be applied for now as long as qualification will be received before arrival) - Sign up for your TEFL course here.
Seoul brims with energy from dusk till dawn and back to dusk again. It is a city of gleaming office blocks, ancient fortresses, resplendent palaces, jutting mountains and 10 million welcoming hand-shakes.
Life in the Korean capital really does offer an endless array of options. Dine on a mouthwatering BBQ in glitzy Gangnam. Pick up a bargain at one of the teeming local markets down the tangled side-streets of Dongdaemun. Soak up the bohemian atmosphere of Insadong and Hyewha districts or just relax in a soothing spa overlooking the city from Mount Namsan. The 'Soul of Asia' welcomes you!
Why apply through ESLstarter?
- Successfully placed over 800 teachers onto the public school program
- Reselected as an official public school recruiter for the previous 5 years
- Provide full guidance & support throughout application process maximizing your chances of success
- Expert feedback on initial documents to reduce the chance of unsuccessful application at the first screening stage
- Interview tips and guidance
- Full visa document checking service which will speed up your application and help you to save money on mailing costs
- 100s of testimonials from previous teachers who applied through ESLstarter
- Extremely high application success rate
- Greeting at Incheon airport upon arrival in Korea from an ESLstarter representative
- Free Lonely Planet E-Guide to successful ESLstarter teachers
- Access to Facebook group where you can meet and chat to other ESLstarter teachers
- Speedy & completely FREE recruitment service!
Lisa Davies, EPIK, Seoul
The quick turnaround & full responses to enquiries is something I have never come across with any recruitment consultants. Claire's attitude and honesty is extremely refreshing and her helpfulness sets ESLstarter apart from all the rest.
- What is TEFL?
TEFL stands for Teaching English as a Foreign Language and once you have completed a TEFL qualification, you can teach ESL abroad in a wide variety of countries. There are a few different types of courses for teaching English in Asia, the UAE and many unique destinations, however TEFL and TESOL courses (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) are the most common.
- How do I learn TEFL?
You can learn TEFL in a number of ways including university courses and even internships in various locations such as China and Argentina. English Language teaching allows you to broaden your horizons and gain experiences you will not find anywhere else. Learning TEFL will allow you to embark on various different adventures including teaching in Asia, South America and the Middle East and considering global language training is becoming increasingly popular, international schools are always crying out for additional ESL teachers.