Teach English Online and Work from Home!
Enjoy a flexible schedule with full support from an experienced teacher welfare team. Choose from a diverse and interesting curriculum with options including English, Writing, Science and more!
With over 10,000 Chinese learners, there has never been a better time to teach English online and join our friendly community!
Work from home!
We are now recruiting part-time English Teachers to join our international team!
You will use an online English learning platform to teach 4 - 18 year old students.
You will teach many regular classes meaning you can form a great bond with your students and see them grow and develop.
- TESOL/TEFL certification, can study later if not already TEFL certified
- A university degree
- Experience teaching kids preferred
- Can commit to peak teaching hours (8 hours weekly)
- Computer savvy
- Enthusiastic, professional, outgoing
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- UK / IRE / USA or CANADA nationality
Why this on-line teaching is unique
- Exciting and rewarding opportunity to work in the fast-growing on-line Education sector.
- Teaching is flexible and convenient.
- Teach from 8 peak hours * per week in the comfort of your home or office.
- Work with small classes of highly motivated students - 1 or 2 learners in each class.
- Professional and energetic tutors are needed to lead our virtual classrooms.
- Teaching focuses on conversation and listening skills.
- Tailored lesson plans provided to you.
* Within these 8 peak time hours, at least 4 need to be during Friday, Saturday or Sunday (can be a combination spread over the 3 days).
19h00 - 21h00 Beijing time (GMT+8) is peak teaching time.
How the payment is calculated
- Base rate of $20-25 per 50-minute class, plus performance-based bonuses
- You will be paid on 15th each month through bank transfer
- Full online training package and ongoing professional development provided to you
- 6 month contract with independent contractor status
Payment for the previous month will be paid on the 15th of the next month.
Mark, Online Tutor
In the first 3 days of this month I’ve already earned over £100. I’m delighted I took the plunge! I’m recently retired, was looking for a worthwhile part time job that I could do from home and preferably online. This ticks all the boxes.
- Do I need special equipment to teach on-line?
You need a computer, a good internet connection and a noise-cancelling headset.
- What is the application process?
The application process is simple and straightforward:
> Initial mock class
> Contract signing
> Second mock class
> Successful launch
- Do I need a TESOL/TEFL certificate to apply to teach English on-line?
Not initially, but this would be required by the end of the probation period. Please ask ESLstarter for special rates on TEFL courses.
- Are the positions open to high school graduates?
Unfortunately, we can only accept applications from bachelor degree holders.
- What is the pay for teaching on-line?
Consultants will be paid a base rate for every class attended and taught. Performance related bonuses and incentives are also available.
- How do I get paid?
On-line tutors are paid on a monthly basis via bank transfer.
- What is my schedule and how often do I teach?
You are required to commit to at least 8 peak teaching hours per week. 4 of these peak hours must be over Friday, Saturday or Sunday (can be a combination of all three days). Peak times are 19h00 - 21h00 Beijing time. Classes also run weekdays 17h00 - 22h00 Beijing time and weekends 08h00 - 22h00 Beijing time.
- What type of teaching would be expected from me?
The teaching is conversation based. It would be your role to create a friendly and positive learning environment where all students feel encouraged to participate. The teacher is expected to maximize student talk time and keep their own talk time at a minimum. You would very much be a facilitator, setting up activities and offering feedback to students.
- What will I be teaching in a session?
You will be provided with lesson plans for each class you teach. The lesson plans have been developed to offer students a comprehensive learning experience. Subject materials range from business English to specific topics to every day conversation.
- Who will I be teaching?
You will teach young Chinese learners from 4 - 18 years old.