Teach English in Uruguay
Earn a monthly salary of UY $ 33,000. Includes online TEFL certificate, round-trip air-ticket, housing allowance, full orientation, access to health care, visa reimbursement, paid vacation time + more
Teach in Uruguay and experience South America’s hottest new destination! Intro offer: £299
- UY$ 33,000 monthly salary*
- 120 hour On-line TEFL course
- Round-trip air-ticket
- Airport pick up
- Full orientation upon arrival
- Housing allowance of $3,300 Uruguayan Pesos
- Visa reimbursement
- Paid vacation
- All public holidays
- 24/7 support team to assist you in Uruguay
- Latest Edition Lonely Planet E-Guide to Uruguay
- Choose from a 6 or 12 month placement
*Average local salary in Uruguay is around UY$ 17,840 and so you can live well on this wage
Option A: 6 month contract
Option B: 12 month contract
Successful applicants will be shortlisted and contacted by email to arrange a Skype interview.
Applicants should be fluent English speakers and have as follows:
- Bachelors degree in Education or Bachelors degree (any field) with 6 months of certified language teaching experience
- Nationality of UK, USA, Australia and Canada
- TEFL / TESOL or CELTA certificate
Locations for teaching in Uruguay
The teaching jobs in Uruguay are throughout the cosmopolitan capital city of Montevideo.
About this program
Positions are with established, community focused language schools throughout major urban centres in Uruguay, including the cosmopolitan capital of Montevideo where the standard of living is said to be one of the highest in South America.
Students are a mix of children and adults learners and the schools are very much a focal point of local communities.
Ongoing staff training and meetings are provided including full TEYL training. Full teaching resources are also available including teacher’s books, CDs, student books, markers etc.
South America's smallest country punches above its weight when it comes to experiences! Culturally sophisticated, safe and liberal, Uruguay is the ideal place to spend an extended sojourn teaching abroad.
From the spectacular Atlantic coast through the hot spring studded Rio Uruguay and onto the cultural hotbeds of Montevideo and Colonia, Uruguay is one of South America's best kept secrets!
5 reasons to teach in Uruguay
- Choose from 6 or 12 month contract
- Uruguay is a richly rewarding, sophisticated travel destination often overlooked by travellers
- Get TEFL qualified before you go with our internationally recognized certificate
- Earn a great local salary so you can have a comfortable life in Uruguay
- Full training provided with small classes in well-equipped schools
Why apply to teach in Uruguay through ESLstarter?
- 100s of testimonials
- Receive free expert consultation to decide if teaching in Uruguay is right for you
- Extensive recruitment experience for international TEFL jobs
- Full support through the application and visa process
- Dedicated support staff comprising of former TEFL teachers
- Join our Facebook communities & connect with lots of other ESLstarter teachers before you go!
- What is TEFL?
TEFL stands for Teaching English as a Foreign Language and once you have completed a TEFL qualification, you can teach ESL abroad in a wide variety of countries. There are a few different types of courses for teaching English in Asia, the UAE and many unique destinations, however TEFL and TESOL courses (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) are the most common.
- How do I learn TEFL?
You can learn TEFL in a number of ways including university courses and even internships in various locations such as China and Argentina. English Language teaching allows you to broaden your horizons and gain experiences you will not find anywhere else. Learning TEFL will allow you to embark on various different adventures including teaching in Asia, South America and the Middle East and considering global language training is becoming increasingly popular, international schools are always crying out for additional ESL teachers.