Teach English in China - EF Chengdu
Chengdu is a laid back, feel good Chinese city. Wander ancient and narrow streets where tea houses are ubiquitous. Try the fiery hot pot. Teach and explore in beautiful Chengdu!
Are you interested in new cultures? Do you want to teach in a vibrant city in one of China's most beautiful regions? Make Chengdu your home and teach in China with EF Chengdu!
English teachers needed in China
We are looking for full time English teachers who love working with kids to join an international team and teach English in China, Chengdu.
You will deliver fun and engaging classes based on a tried and tested curriculum, designed to help students improve their spoken English.
Teaching in China, Chengdu package includes
- EARN A COMPETITIVE SALARY - up to 15,000 RMB (US$ 2,196) monthly after tax
- HOUSING ALLOWANCE of 2000 RMB / month and new student sign up bonuses every month
- FLIGHT ALLOWANCE of 8,000 RMB. Option to receive the first RMB 4,000 on arrival OR get Prepaid ticket (using first RMB 4,000) with remaining RMB 4,000 paid on completion of contract
- FULL TRAINING including mentor support from experienced Senior Teachers, Directors of Studies - with idea sharing and Hub training
- CURRICULUM AND RESOURCES PROVIDED TO YOU - teach in well equipped multi media classrooms with interactive whiteboards and lots of online resources
- RELOCATION ASSISTANCE - hotel accommodation provided to you for week one and a welfare officer to assist you with finding an apartment, setting up a bank account etc.
- FULL VISA SUPPORT - legal working visa and the cost of your visa application covered, support through the entire visa process
- LOTS OF CAREER OPPORTUNITIES - exciting opportunity to grow and develop your TEFL career, promotion opportunities to senior teacher, associate DOS, DOS and regional positions
Chengdu is an inexpensive place to live, meaning you can save money, pay off student loans and enjoy a great lifestyle.
Requirements to teach in China
- University degree
- TEFL certification (don't have a TEFL? check out our special rates on TEFL courses)
- Fluent English speaker
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Ready to experience a new culture
About your teaching environment
The school began as a small endeavor in 2001, and since then has successfully expanded to 11 schools and approximately 100 foreign English teachers. Additionally, there are over 20 other foreign staff in management, marketing, and human resource roles. The school's aim is not only to help you hone your skills in the classroom, but also to train you as professionals and help you develop in your future career. This is why 80% of our promotions come from within the company.
We recently signed new contracts to stay out here longer. Moving to China was the best thing I have ever done with my life. If you are reading this and you want a change, get in touch right now!
Why you should make Chengdu your teaching base
- SEE THE CITY'S MOST FAMOUS RESIDENTS - giant fluffy pandas at the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding
- WANDER DOWN QINTAI ROAD and discover a traditional quarter of the city, complete with face-change mask operas and spicy hot pot eateries
- SAMPLE THE CITY'S THRIVING NIGHTLIFE at Jialebi with KTV, Irish pubs and tuk tuks ready to whisk you around this fun and vibrant district
- TAKE A DAY TRIP TO LESHAN and soak up the history of this beautiful riverside town, home to the largest stonecarved Buddha in the world
- ENJOY SOME TIME OUT AT MOUNT QINGCHENG, a UNESCO listed site that offers breathtaking views, beautiful temples and invigorating mountain treks
- CHECK OUT WIDE AND NARROW ALLEY, a quirky and mellow shopping district with an array of cool cafes, delicious street food and artisan shops