Teach English & Volunteer in Southern Thailand
Chumphon province is the gateway to southern Thailand, a realm of legendary tropical islands, swooning coconut palms, pristine beaches and laid back Thai hospitality.
Chumphon city itself has been largely untouched by tourism meaning the beaches stretch on into the distance, inviting and uncrowded! The town plays host to a buzzing night market, a host of illustrious beach-front restaurants and is only a short hop from the crystal clear waters of Thailand’s all-stars - Koh Tao, Koh Phangan and Ko Samui!
Total package cost: From £790
Thailand Volunteer Chumphon. What's included?
- 1 – 4 month placement teaching English in Thailand
- Accommodation provided (homestay or local accommodation)
- 120 hour Advanced TEFL Certificate
- Use this TEFL certificate to teach abroad in other countries after Thailand!
- Airport pick up & transfer
- Orientation in Lang Suan
- Visa assistance*
- Expert guidance & support from an experienced local team
- Assistance in finding TEFL placements in Thailand and other countries after your placement
- Free latest edition Lonely Planet E-guide to Thailand
- Teach in Thailand at a local Primary School
- Teach for 3 hours per day - school ends at 3:30 PM!
- Fishing opportunities with local fishermen
- Great location for island hopping or visiting Southern Thailand’s famous attractions during weekends (Koh Tao is 2 hours away, Krabi is 2.5 hours away, Phuket is 2 hours away)
*volunteers are responsible for their own visa costs including any visa run expenses
Spread the love!
This program offers insight into southern Thai community life, the chance to gain important teaching experience and provides genuine cultural exchange to students who haven’t necessarily had contact to Western teachers previously.
Whether you want to boost your resume, experience life first hand in one of Thailand’s most beautiful destinations or simply would like to help students learn English through meaningful exchange in a supportive and caring environment, this volunteer in Thailand program offers something for everyone.
Arrival dates for volunteering in Thailand
Why this Thailand volunteer program?
- Your local support team will be on hand to assist you from the moment you arrive!
- Free accommodation
- 1 – 4 month programs available
- Flexible start dates (4 in-takes per year)
- 24/7 helpline
- Optional tours & other organized activities including Full Moon Beach Party excursion on Haad Rin, Koh Phan Ngan (can be arranged but not included in program fee)
- Volunteering in Thailand is a wonderful way to share your knowledge and experience
- Great program for those wishing to get a taster for teaching English abroad
- Provide cultural exchange to Thai fishing communities
- Apply through Thailand’s leading & best-value volunteer placement organization
- Go further! Access to 1000s of teaching jobs after you’ve completed your volunteer placement
About the TEFL course
Get ready to teach in Thailand with a comprehensive On-Line TEFL course before you go
- 120 hour on-line TEFL qualification
- This is an internationally recognized TEFL qualification
- Provides comprehensive introduction to EFL methods
- The right preparation for life in the classroom for those with little or no teaching experience
- Gain a deeper understanding of advanced teaching techniques
- Get the qualification without leaving your home
- Receive expert guidance and ongoing support from experienced, well-qualified tutors
- Gain access to the best jobs with this internationally recognized qualification
- Get an instant edge over other candidates by becoming TEFL certified
- Work at your own pace without time restrictions!
Video: Teaching in Thailand
Watch Paddy's video on school life in Thailand!
- Hop on the boat from Yang Pier and visit Koh Tao, Thailand’s world acclaimed diving utopia
- For sheer beach-combing bliss, try Ko Samet, less well-known name-sake of its northern neighbour. This one is in Chumphon National Marine Park and it is very pretty!
- Krua Lung Pod, famous seafood restaurant on the beach with sweeping views of the bay
- Weave your way around the brilliant Morning Market on Pracha Uthit Rd., where everything from Thai gemstone to mangosteen is on sale at bargain prices
- Get the adrenaline pumping and try out white water rafting in Phato rainforest!
What are the application requirements to volunteer in Thailand?
We are looking for candidates who can help make a difference, share their culture and make a positive contribution by volunteering in Thailand! Couples and friends are welcome to apply!
No degree is required but applicants need native or near native English fluency.
My role as a volunteer in Thailand
Teaching English to Thai children as a volunteer involves around 15 hours of face to face teaching per week between 8 AM and 3:30 PM.
- What is TEFL?
TEFL stands for Teaching English as a Foreign Language and once you have completed a TEFL qualification, you can teach ESL abroad in a wide variety of countries. There are a few different types of courses for teaching English in Asia, the UAE and many unique destinations, however TEFL and TESOL courses (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) are the most common.
- How do I learn TEFL?
You can learn TEFL in a number of ways including university courses and even internships in various locations such as China and Argentina. English Language teaching allows you to broaden your horizons and gain experiences you will not find anywhere else. Learning TEFL will allow you to embark on various different adventures including teaching in Asia, South America and the Middle East and considering global language training is becoming increasingly popular, international schools are always crying out for additional ESL teachers.
Get TEFL certified from only £93
Not TEFL certified yet? Get your TEFL qualification for less!
Find out why ESLstarter have more reviews than anyone else.