Teaching jobs in China
Lose yourself in forests of bamboo, hike the great wall & prepare to tantalize your taste-buds!
China holds endless opportunities for teaching English abroad. Although teaching in China offers generous pay and lucrative benefits, it is, perhaps, the lure of ancient history and fascinating cultural experiences that draws linguistic adventurers to teach English in China. Teaching jobs in China are to be had with private language schools, private international schools, public schools or Baccalaureate programs.
When you are not actually teaching in China, you could be touring the Great Wall or exploring the Forbidden City. From urban centers with all that modern living has to offer to rural landscapes dotted with ancient temples and palace ruins, take your pick and get started teaching English in China.
Apply with ESLstarter, experts in TEFL recruitment, and teach English in China.
Here are 10 interesting facts and curious trivia about China:
- Population: More than 1.3 billion people
- Capital city: Beijing
- Currency: Renminbi
- Language: Cantonese
- Dialects: Mandarin Jin Wu, Huizhou Gan Xiang Min, Hakka Yue, Ping
- Slang: “Tu” literally means dirt but is used to indicate that something is unfashionable.
- National drink: Baijiu, a rice based alcoholic beverage
- UNESCO World Heritage Site: The Great Wall, The Forbidden City, & many more
- National dances: Dragon dance & Lion dance
- Curious Invention: Chinese inventors created toilet paper in the late 1300’s for their emperor.
Anthina Von Ruben, Teach & Learn China
China is beautiful; scenery, architecture and most definitely people! If you like the idea of being somewhere most people haven't been and seeing things most people will never see, come.
We currently have the following programs available in China