Teach English in China - EF Wuxi
Teach in a nurturing environment, full support and mentoring, develop your TEFL skills, lots of career progression opportunities, family-like community. Apply today!
ESLstarter are hiring for exciting teaching roles at 6 prestigious schools throughout Wuxi city, eastern China. Teach small groups of young learners.
Teach English in China with EF Wuxi
Teach 3 - 18 year olds in modern, well equipped schools including interactive whiteboards, touch screen TVs and full curriculum.
You will be supported by an experienced local welfare team and be part of a vibrant, international teaching community.
Class sizes are small with up to 14 students per class. Get to know your students and enjoy seeing them progress throughout your stay in China.
This is a great opportunity to develop your teaching skills with 20-25 teaching hours weekly and 8 - 10 office hours.
Find out why teaching in Wuxi could be for you!
- Up to RMB 15,000 / month
- Accommodation allowance
- Insurance allowance
- Flight allowance 12,500 per 15 month contract
- Annual leave 12 Days for 15 Month + at least 11 national holidays (depending on arrival date)
- Second year contract re-sign salary increase, +2 Holiday Days, 2,000RMB Re-Signing Bonus
- Bonus scheme
- Pick up service from airport
- Cambridge University TKT Certificate
- Free Online Mandarin lessons through EF Chinesetown
- Full visa support including visa application reimbursement
- Start any month
Enjoy full support as an English teacher in China
- Meet and greet from Shanghai or Wuxi airport
- Initial accommodation at a hotel with WIFI - be met by the school support team
- Immediate cash loan of RMB 1,000 on arrival
- Spend the next few days choosing your apartment. School will provide some pre-selected recommendations for you
- Support with medical check, accessing local transport system, familiarising with local area, supermarkets etc.
- Orientation at the school, including the opportunity for peer observation to help you feel comfortable with the teaching methodologies
- Full training
- Start teaching
Ben has been living and teaching in Wuxi
My name is Ben. EF Wuxi was one of three schools that interviewed me and I chose them based on their professional communication, dedication and information. So I learned a few utterances in Chinese, packed my bags and here I am seven years later! During my time in Wuxi and EF I have had a lot of opportunity to further my teaching and managerial skills. Not only this but I was afforded plenty of opportunities to study Chinese, as English is not widely spoken in Wuxi – especially compared to Shanghai. I’ve been able to sustain my lifelong passion of travel here and have travelled to an abundance of places both domestically and throughout Asia. Hope to meet you in person soon!
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree
- UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Ireland passport holders (due to visa requirements)
- Ready to embrace a new culture
- Positive, outgoing and loves working with people