Teach English & Volunteer in Central Thailand
If ancient palace ruins, iconic Buddhist imagery and a hearty slice of provincial Thai life and culture is what you are searching for then Ayutthaya province is most definitely for you!
Situated 1 hour north of Bangkok, Ayutthaya is Thailand’s temple festooned, chilled out former capital. There’s nowhere in Thailand quite like it. Backpacker hotels, bars and restaurants line either side of the meandering Chao Praya but get beyond this and you are in old Siam. Crumbling palaces, saffron clad stupas and headless Buddha statues make for a dreamlike experience as Ayutthaya province lives and breathes its 700 year history in awe-inspiring style!
Total package cost: from £790
Thailand Volunteer Ayutthaya. What's included?
- 1 – 4 month placement teaching English in Thailand
- Free accommodation
- Teach English to young monks in Bang Pa In, Ayuthhaya province
- 120 hour Advanced TEFL Certificate
- Use this certificate to teach in other countries after Thailand!
- Airport transfer by car to Bang Pa In, Ayutthaya province
- Visa assistance*
- Expert guidance & support from an experienced local team
- Assistance in finding TEFL placements in Thailand and other countries after your placement
- Free latest edition Lonely Planet E-guide to Thailand
- Placement is a short trip from downtown Bangkok by train, bus or van
*volunteers are responsible for their own visa costs including any visa run expenses
Why this Thailand volunteer program?
- Receive expert guidance from your local support team
- Free accommodation
- You will be teaching young Thai monks who are looking to improve their English
- 1 – 4 month programs available
- Flexible start dates (4 in-takes per year)
- Full orientation
- 24/7 helpline
- Optional tours & other organized activities (can be arranged but not included in program fee)
- Share your knowledge and experience by volunteering in Thailand
- Great program for those wishing to try out teaching English abroad
- Provide valuable cultural exchange to grassroots Thai communities
- Apply through Thailand’s leading & best-value volunteer placement organization
- Go further! Access to 1000s of teaching jobs after you’ve completed your volunteer placement
Spread the love!
This program offers insight into local Thai community life, the chance to gain valuable teaching experience and provides a unique chance to teach young monks in Thailand.
Whether you want to boost your resume, experience life first hand in one of Thailand’s most important regions or simply would like to help students learn English through meaningful exchange in a supportive and caring environment, this volunteer in Thailand program offers something for everyone.
Arrival dates for volunteering in Thailand
About the TEFL course
Get ready to teach in Thailand with a comprehensive On-Line TEFL course before you go
- 120 hour on-line TEFL qualification
- This is an internationally recognized TEFL qualification
- Provides comprehensive introduction to EFL methods
- The right preparation for life in the classroom for those with little or no teaching experience
- Gain a deeper understanding of advanced teaching techniques
- Get the qualification without leaving your home
- Receive expert guidance and ongoing support from experienced, well-qualified tutors
- Gain access to the best jobs with this internationally recognized qualification
- Get an instant edge over other candidates by becoming TEFL certified
- Work at your own pace without time restrictions!
Video: Teaching in Thailand
Watch Paddy's video on school life in Thailand!
- Check out Bangkok’s legendary nightlife!
- Hone your bargaining skills at amazing Ban Kla Floating Market
- Be sure to try the BBQ pork with gravy and rice ‘Kow moo daeng’ served up by the ever smiling Thai couple on their wildly popular noodle stall at Ayutthaya train station
- Rent a bike and take in the awe-inspiring temples and palace ruins in Ayutthaya’s historical district
- Dine by the river in Ban Khun Pra guesthouse which offers sumptuous home cooked Thai cuisine and relaxing river views
- Hop on the train and check out Lopburi, famous for the cheeky macaques who have taken up residency in the town center!
What are the application requirements to volunteer in Thailand?
We are looking for candidates who can help make a difference, share their culture and make a positive contribution by volunteering in Thailand! Couples and friends are welcome to apply!
No degree is required but applicants need native or near native English fluency.
My role as a volunteer in Thailand
Teaching English to Thai monks as a volunteer involves around 15 hours of face to face teaching per week between 8 AM and 4 PM.
- What is TEFL?
TEFL stands for Teaching English as a Foreign Language and once you have completed a TEFL qualification, you can teach ESL abroad in a wide variety of countries. There are a few different types of courses for teaching English in Asia, the UAE and many unique destinations, however TEFL and TESOL courses (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) are the most common.
- How do I learn TEFL?
You can learn TEFL in a number of ways including university courses and even internships in various locations such as China and Argentina. English Language teaching allows you to broaden your horizons and gain experiences you will not find anywhere else. Learning TEFL will allow you to embark on various different adventures including teaching in Asia, South America and the Middle East and considering global language training is becoming increasingly popular, international schools are always crying out for additional ESL teachers.